Tooth Extraction in Middletown, NJ
A tooth extraction is performed for a variety of reasons including tooth decay, injury, and for orthodontic treatment. Extractions are a relatively common procedure and are performed in one office visit. The most common reason for removal of a tooth is severe decay or breakage of a tooth.
Teeth may also be removed due to:
- Severe tooth decay or infection
- Extra teeth that are blocking other teeth from growing in
- Severe gum disease
- To make room for orthodontic or cosmetic dentistry treatment
- The tooth can not be restored endodontically
- Fractured tooth
- To make room for a dental crown, bridge, or dental implant
Regardless of the reasons a tooth must be pulled, a tooth extraction is usually reserved only for cases in which no other treatment option will cure the infection or problem.