We’re Open for Emergencies!
The COVID-19 pandemic is having wide-ranging impacts on our everyday lives, including scheduled dental and other appointments. We all need to work together to prevent the spread of the virus.
At Navesink Dental, your safety is our #1 concern. That’s why we have implemented protocols to slow or stop the spread of COVID-19. Some of these protocols include:
- We check each staff member’s temperature and check for any symptoms including fever, cough, sneezing and running nose prior to coming into the office
- We prescreen all patients for illness before scheduling an emergency appointment and check their temperature upon arrival
- Each patient will wait in their car until they are ready to be seen by the Navesink Dental team.
- We disinfect each room, front desk area, door handles, and any other place that is touched by patients or staff. This is completed after each patient leaves the building.
The following guidelines have just been presented by the American Dental Association and can help determine what is considered emergency vs non-emergency treatment. This guidance is subject to change as COVID-19 pandemic continues to progress, and we as medical professionals are using our best professional judgment to determine a patient’s need for urgent or emergency dental care.
- Any type of dental or oral pain
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop
- Painful swelling in or around your mouth
- Pain in a tooth, teeth or jaw bone
- Gum infection with pain or swelling
- After surgery treatment (dressing change, stitch removal)
- Broken or knocked-out tooth
- Denture adjustment for people receiving radiation or other treatment for cancer
- Snipping or adjusting wire of braces that hurts your cheek or gums
- Biopsy of abnormal tissue
- Recementing of a broken crown or replacement of a filling
- Replacing a temporary crown with a permanent crown
If you require any of the services above or are in any type of dental pain, please call our office at (732) 741-7733 or complete the emergency website form below. Someone from our office will contact you immediately.